“the event went smoothly… a-live did a great job…communication channels were always open and effective…” – Liz Palma, Sponsorship & Events Manager Medibank
- Enhance Medibank’s brand reputation & highlight community connectivity
- Showcase Medibank’s capabilities specifically for Mi Health, Health Solutions Insurance and Diversified
- Provide opportunities for visitors to the Australian Tennis Open to join Medibank
- Solidify Medibank’s position as an owner of tennis
Medibank Help Yourself – an interactive, informative and fun event/sponsorship activation.
Interbrand Melbourne partnered with a-live event agency to develop an interactive brand activation at the 2013 Australian Open for Medibank for the second consecutive year.
The creative direction for Medibank Help Yourself was inspired by the healthy attitude of “put effort in, get out a reward.”
With an event activation space twice the size of the previous year (72sxqm) alive’s team of project managers, event planners, designers and builders worked with Interbrand to develop a total of nine interactive and engaging stations throughout the space. The stations each offered a unique experience; turn, beat, pull, grow, discover, push, balance, measure, and a BMI (Body Mass Index) testing station. RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification) technology was integrated into the activation to enable patrons to “check-in” and “like” Medibank on Facebook, along with an option to upload photos of patrons interacting with the stations onto their Facebook wall.
Medibank clinicians were on hand to check BMI and blood pressure which proved very popular.
Those who took part in the activation received a choice of a Medibank-branded hydration drink pouch, autograph book or packet of wet wipes.
Tuesday, 22 January at the Australian Open in Melbourne was declared “Medibank Better Health Day.” Patrons were encouraged to walk from the Help Yourself activation on Grand Slam Oval to a mapped out area by Margaret Court Arena where they were rewarded with a free pedometer and a complimentary 5 minute massage.
Help Yourself proved to be one of the most popular activations on Grand Slam Oval, providing a cool, fun, interactive and informative experience throughout the duration of the tournament.
– Over 13,700 people visited the Medibank Help Yourself activation at the 2013 Australian Tennis Open
– Over 5,500 health tests performed with a Medibank Clinicians
– Media appearances by Giann Rooney and Sherri Lee Biggs
– Significant Increase in traffic to Medibank website during the sponsorship activation
– Over 15,000 Medibank giveaways
– Over 200 people were treated to a complementary massage from the Medibank Masseuses on the Medibank sponsor day “Medibank Better Health Day”
Some of the patrons’ comments on their Medibank Help Yourself event experience:
“Favourite marquee on Grand Slam Oval! Definitely worth waiting in line for. Inside there is cool air, fun activities and lots of giveaways.”