From major sporting events like the Gold Coast Airport Marathon that attracts some of the worlds most talented athletes, to events that bring families and communities together like The RSPCA Million Paws Walk, Vivid Sydney and Blues on Broadbeach; this year’s Top Ten Favourite Events are celebration of the high-quality and incredible diversity of events enjoyed in Australia each year.
Australia’s Favourite Event – Top Ten (Alphabetical)
- Blues on Broadbeach: The music festival magically transforms May into a mega-magnet for tourists. This major Queensland event attracted more than 95,000 attendees this year directly benefitting the local economy and strengthening its reputation as one of the largest Blues festivals in the country.
- Gold Coast Airport Marathon: Over 23,000 people of all ages and abilities take part in events including a Marathon, a Half Marathon, a 10km Run, a 5km Challenge and Junior Dash. Thousands of spectators cheer the runners home while roving musicians and entertainers create an amazing atmosphere.
- Mali in the City: Fifty fibreglass models of the famous elephant calf, Mali, painted by a variety of artists displayed across key locations on the Melbourne city streets as part of the celebrations for the Zoo’s 150th birthday.
- RSPCA Million Paws Walk: Australia’s premier pet event and the RSPCA’s major national fundraiser. In 2013, over 67,000 people and 32,000 dogs hit the pavement in every capital
city and attendance and support continues to grow.
- South Australian Wooden Boat Festival: Held across Hobart’s vibrant and bustling waterfront, the four-day festival brings together the largest and most beautiful collection of wooden boats in the southern hemisphere.
- Southern 80 Ski Race: The attracts over 400 entries from all over Australia with international representation from New Zealand, Great Britain and the USA taking part in a race along 80km of the Murray River with over 120 bends at speeds in excess of 200km an hour with 2 skiers on long ropes behind the boat.
- Sprung Festival: A student run theatre and arts festival held on the grounds of Charles Sturt University Bathurst celebrating the creative works of Theatre/Media Students.
- Summernats Car Festival: 1500 of the toughest Australian elite street machines descend Canberra to show off their love of the street machine to an enthusiastic crowd of over 85,000 people against a backdrop of burnt rubber & rock and roll.
- Top Gear Festival Sydney: The inaugural Top Gear Festival took place at Sydney Motorsport Park in March 2013 and was a roaring success with over 41,000 visitors in attendance to see the worlds of motorsport and Top Gear come together to create a weekend of unparalleled motoring mayhem.
- Vivid Sydney: Colouring the city with creativity and inspiration, Vivid highlights include immersive light installations and projections; performances from local and international musicians and the Vivid Ideas Exchange featuring public talks from leading global creative thinkers.
While each of these Australian events have touched thousands of Australians in the past year, only one event can be named Australia’s Favourite Event.
You are now able to vote from the list above until 9PM, Tuesday 19th November. Voting is free & open to all. The event that proves most popular will be announced that evening at the 2013 Australian Event Awards Industry Night of Nights.