Ms Trainor is a non-executive director and a former journalist, lawyer and public sector executive. She brings to the Board a vast amount of experience as a director of a range of public, private and not-for-profit entities including government businesses and organisations in the finance, hospitality, sports and arts sectors. Ms Trainor’s role as a founding partner of one of Australia’s most successful and well-regarded public relations and government affairs consultancies also makes her appointment an asset to the expertise of the Board.
“Gabrielle’s wealth of experience spans many of the sectors that BESydney touches direct and indirectly. Her stellar career credentials, her industry connections and expert insights will be a valuable addition to the BESydney board. We look forward to Gabrielle working with us,” says Col Hughes, BESydney Chairman.
Lyn Lewis-Smith, CEO of BESydney adds, “Sydney is growing for the future. We need to be able to draw on the skills and knowledge of our board and staff to develop and drive innovative strategies to attracting conferences, congresses, exhibitions, corporate meetings and incentives to Sydney and New South Wales.
“As someone who understands both the public and private sectors, and the intricacies of working to serve the interests of both, we welcome Gabrielle to the company. I have no doubt that she will provide valuable guidance and support over the exciting years ahead.”
The other members of the BESydney Board of Directors include:
- Mr Col Hughes, Independent Chair, A.T.S Pacific
- The Honourable Patricia Forsythe, Destination NSW Director, Sydney Business Chamber
- The Honourable Robert Hill AC, Independent Director
- Professor Mary O’Kane, Independent Director, NSW Chief Scientist and Scientific Engineer
- Sandra Chipchase, Destination NSW Director, Destination NSW
- Gary Daly, Members Director, Luna Park Sydney
- Kate Smith, Members Director, WALDRONSMITH Management
- Mr Ton van Amerongen, Special Advisor, Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre
Ms Trainor’s joined the BESydney Board of Directors in June 2012.