Business Development Manager – Venue Spaces
- World class award winning venues – Royal Randwick and Rosehill Gardens Racecourses.
- Diverse, large and unique venue spaces.
- Opportunity to really make your mark in the industry!
Are you a dynamic venue sales star?
Then this is the role for you! Reporting to the General Manager – Function & Event Sales, you will be instrumental in developing business opportunities in Association and special event sectors for Royal Randwick and Rosehill Gardens Racecourse function, conference and events spaces for non-race days. This may include business to business or through third party conference and event organisers. You will also assist the General Manager, Function & Event Sales with the effective running of the department and reporting on results.
How will you do this?
- Planning and coordinating sales programs, promotional campaigns, events and initiatives to attract clients and promote ATC as a preferred event centre.
- Manage and negotiate with key accounts, business Partners and third party operators.
- Managing the existing client portfolio and actively seeking and approaching new clients utilising all forms of networking to maximise sales opportunities.
- Conducting financial analysis and pre/post-event evaluation, and preparing a range of documents for clients relating to event bookings.
Desired Skills and Experience
What we are looking for?
We are looking for someone with a keen eye for new opportunities who will constantly strive to ensure ATC is a leader in the venue and events arena.
To be successful in this environment you must have exceptional relationship building skills, embrace rapid change, fast paced events, and be passionate about ensuring the customer receives the best possible experience.
If this sounds like you and you possess the technical skills listed below then apply now.
- Relevant experience in business development/sales preferably from commercial venues within the hospitality, events or entertainment industries.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and winning new accounts, and retaining existing accounts.
- Experience developing unique client packages, documentation and pricing structures.
This role will be based at Royal Randwick Racecourse with one day per week based at Rosehill Gardens Racecourse. ATC offers free on-site parking for staff.