Perth’s Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority is looking for event and mobile businesses to be amongst the first to operate at Perth’s iconic Elizabeth Quay.
From early 2016 event goers and holders will be able to enjoy Elizabeth Quay’s outdoor open spaces right on Perth’s reconnected waterfront.
“We are welcoming expressions of interest from event holders for both large and small scale events of a community or corporate nature – such as festivals, concerts, outdoor exhibitions, charity events, installations, markets and performance.
“There are a range of very unique spaces within Elizabeth Quay which will be activated year-round, enabling people to enjoy completely different experiences at each location,” said MRA CEO, Kieran Kinsella.
Elizabeth Quay will offer a choice of outdoor locations for hire:
- The Landing – the primary public event space with spectacular inlet views
- Eastern Promenade – connections to the Island and in close proximity to Barrack Street Jetty
- Western Promenade – includes Williams Landing with steps down to the water’s edge
- The Inlet – a unique opportunity to host events on the water
- Barrack Square – a revitalised space in the heart of the Barrack Street Jetty precinct
- BHP Billiton Water Park – an interactive water feature that can be drained to create an intimate space
- Vacant lots – temporary blank canvas spaces suited to festival and pop up events
Welcoming a broad range of events and activities to Elizabeth Quay will help to create a vibrant destination for visitors to explore and discover.
“We are also interested in hearing from mobile business operators that can offer something unique for visitors to enjoy when the public realm opens at Elizabeth Quay later this year,” Kinsella said.