The Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia (EEAA) has ended the year on a high, launching a new video featuring highlights from the EEAA 2016 Conference and Awards for Excellence.
EEAA Chief Executive, Joyce DiMascio, said the EEAA 2016 Conference and Awards for Excellence were hugely successful as official pre-opening test events at the new International Convention Centre Sydney (ICC Sydney).
“The Association had record attendances across all its finale events for 2016 and we have received overwhelmingly positive feedback from Members and guests. It was a privilege to assist the new venue test the facilities for operational readiness.” She said.
“We had a strong program of both International and Australian speakers, we showcased new innovative technology and we offered invaluable learning and networking opportunities for those who attended.
“We are pleased to share our 2016 Conference and Awards for Excellence highlights video with industry.”
EEAA Members were joined by political and business leaders including Councillor Christine Forster, City of Sydney; The Hon Bruce Baird AM; Steve Whan and Paul Nicolaou from the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry; Jonathan O’Dea NSW Parliamentary Secretary for Trade and Investment, Major Events and Tourism and John Trevillian AM.
The Hon Steven Ciobo, MP Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment also sent a video message from Parliament House in Canberra, which was played to guests during the EEAA 2016 Awards for Excellence.
“The EEAA is strongly supported by both government and industry and the attendance at our Conference and Awards for Excellence reflect the growing diversity of the exhibition and event industry.” Ms DiMascio said.
“EEAA has an active and engaged membership and we hope to continue to grow this membership and widen the remit of the Association to ensure we reflect the changes that are occurring in this events industry.”
The EEAA 2016 Conference and Awards for Excellence were held on 29 and 30 November in conjunction with organised site tours of ICC Sydney and a special presentation on the new EEAA website which is about to be launched.
The EEAA thanks the generous supporters of the Association and the exhibition and event industry:
- Principal Partner, Events by ATC
- Venue Partner, International Convention Centre Sydney
- Major Awards Partner, FABframe
- Entertainment Partners, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre and Australian Technology Park Sydney
- Awards Program Partner, Sydney Showground
- Registration Partner, Tradevent Solutions
- Supporting Awards Partners: Displayground, The Monkey’s Cobbler and Decorative Events & Exhibitions
- Supporting Partners: Agility Fairs & Events, Event-Crew Australia, Expo Direct, gaffneys event logistics, Harry the Hirer, Royale Limousines, Skills IQ, Southern Cross Group, The Star, Ungerboeck Software International and Zadro.