Business Events leaders have convened as the Advisory Committee behind the Australian Business Events Expo 2012. They will meet regularly to provide top industry guidance and insights to ensure relevance and continuous improvement for the tradeshow.
Initiated by Exhibitions and Trade Fairs (ETF), the owners of the show, the Advisory Committee’s role is to advise how the event can better serve the industry and enhance its must-attend status on the business event industry’s calendar.
Established just before the 2011 Expo, the Advisory Committee returns due to the support and impact the inaugural committee last year says Jodie Richmond, CEO and General Manager, Exhibition & Trade Fairs.
“The Advisory Committee brought a fresh perspective, experience and first-hand knowledge of the industry which we sought to make the experience of the Expo more valuable for both exhibitors and visitors alike.
“Our first meeting of the season had an infectious energy which raised interesting opportunities and ideas we are developing for the 2012 Expo,” said Ms Richmond.
The Advisory Committee will be a crucial component to the Expo delivering highly relevant content for all involved. They will meet regularly to provide consultation on seminar session topics, networking opportunities and visitor promotion strategies.
The Advisory Committee Members include:
- Simon Shaw, Head of Stakeholder Relationships, Business Events Sydney
- Amanda Anker, Director of Marketing and Sales, Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Anthea Somerville, Relationship Executive, Qantas Airways
- Gary Daly, General Manager Sales, Luna Park Sydney
- Dr Caroline Hong, CEO, SME Association
- Felicity Zadro, Managing Director, Zadro Communications
- Jakki Temple, Director of Sales and Marketing, The Star
- Delwin Kriel, Event Manager, Exhibitions and Trade Fairs
- Jodie Richmond, CEO and Managing Director, Exhibitions and Trade Fairs
- Stephen Ricardo, Regional Director of Sales & Marketing – NSW, Mirvac Hotels & Resorts