Following the announcement of the departure to Sarawak of Executive Director Mike Cannon, the Association of Australian Convention Bureaux (AACB) has released details of the job specification and is currently seeking applicants for the position.
Damien Kitto, Chair AACB said “whilst the role requires Australian citizenship or permanent residency, applications are being sought from both within Australia and abroad to reach expats looking to return home bringing the skills they’ve obtained in other regions with them”.
The role of the Executive Director is to effectively manage the national and collective requirements of its membership, the seventeen Convention Bureaux of Australia.
“The business events industry is in the midst of an exciting yet challenging period right now so the role offers immense challenge and opportunity for the right candidate” said Mr Kitto.
Core skills required of applicants include;
- Stakeholder Management,
- Business Management;
- An understanding of the Business Event (BE) industry of Australia, and
- An understanding of the international BE market
These skills will be required to drive the following key result areas of the AACB’s Strategic Plan:-
- Create opportunities for marketing initiatives by the Convention Bureaux as a collective;
- Develop and maintain appropriate networking and education forums for Convention Bureaux staff;
- Development of market intelligence and research programs for the Convention Bureaux and their partners;
- Address financial management;
- Administer a small but active association;
- Address Advocacy Requirements.
Full details of the job specification may be found on the AACB website with applications closing 29th January 2012.