The hot ticket item at the ABEE/SES Seminar series was a presentation by Cheryl Cecchetto.
ASE chatted to Cheryl after her presentation – see below – but first here are a few snippets from her presentation.
Cheryl trained as an actor (she appeared on stage and on TV) and says she now translates that theatre experience to the events she produces and that she has a “passion to create Special events” and her biggest challenge is to “always have to outdo ourselves”
Hollywood likes to see new ideas first, so that drives her and her team at Sequoia Productions to be innovative and she describes “The Hollywood Way”
- Celebrity presence at the event
- Trendsetting – themes, ideas, presentation
- Tantalise the senses
- VIP service for the guests
- Charitable aspect to encourage celebrity attendance
- Efficiency – it must run smoothly
- Beginning, middle, end – then a wow factor
- Privacy – for the celebs
- It’s a business
And a few more tips…
The most effective communication tool is –food and wine
Guests should leave an event in an “an altered state”
Connect the Mission Statement to the event
And finally – learn from your mistakes.
…now enjoy the interview