The Event Show is on again in 2016 and will once again take place at Royal Randwick mid year.
In a bold move, the show will be held on a Thursday and Friday, the 25th and 26th of August to be exact.
“Our visitor focus groups and feedback from exhibitors have guided this decision”, Linda Gaunt MEA CEO. “Having the show at the end of the working week will help us to maximize visitation which will, in turn, provide more opportunities for our exhibitors”.
After this year’s inaugural show, MEA consulted with many visitors, supporters, exhibitors and industry professionals. The feedback was extremely positive and many said the show exceeded expectations, given it was the first time MEA had delivered this trade event. Other feedback included
- The seminar program content and speakers surpassed hopes
- Australia Speaks by Saxton Speaker Bureau was one of the highlights
- The venue was a great selection for its natural light, relatively new appeal, massive amounts of free parking and close proximity to public transport
- 1810 people through the door over the two days proved that the show has met market demand
Providing a more formal environment for visitors and exhibitors to connect was a key outtake from this year’s show. To help facilitate this connection, The Event Show 2016 will be including several new activities to be officially released in the coming weeks.
- ‘Event Pitch’ – A new concept and further opportunity for exhibitors to connect with visitors and pitch business
- An ‘Entertainment Showcase’ held on the second evening (Friday night) that works in conjunction with this year’s highly successful Speaker program on the first evening
- The ‘Learning Lounge’ to be hosted on the main exhibition floor
These initiatives come straight from the feedback visitors provided MEA, while 2015 was a great event, we want to make 2016 even better. More details on these programs will be released soon as well as more detail around the seminar program and social events.
In a new exhibitor initiative, and industry first, The Event Show will also be providing the opportunity for specialists in outdoor event products to showcase their services to the event planners of Sydney.
Since Randwick Racecourse has an expansive outdoor area, we saw an opportunity to fully demonstrate the specialist services outdoor events require.
First release indoor exhibition space is now available with prices held at this year’s benchmark ($3500) for a short time.