International Convention Centre Sydney (ICC Sydney), Australia’s first fully integrated convention, exhibition and event precinct, has received a glowing response at IMEX America, one of the world’s largest meetings, events and incentive travel industry shows.
Chief Executive Officer of ICC Sydney, and AEG Ogden Group Director of Convention Centres, Geoff Donaghy said IMEX America provided the perfect platform to showcase Sydney to the world and meet face to face with influential industry stakeholders.
“Decision makers and selected IMEX attendees have received a special preview of ICC Sydney’s developing brand and new website today and we are delighted with the response,” said Mr Donaghy from the show in Las Vegas today.
“Our positioning of Sydney’s premier, integrated convention, exhibition and events precinct has received an overwhelmingly positive reaction from IMEX delegates, further reinforcing the growing excitement and global interest in this landmark project,” he said.
Managed and marketed by AEG Ogden, ICC Sydney benefits from the extensive global experience and connectivity of the group and its representatives’ collective industry knowledge.
“ICC Sydney’s marketing and business development activities are in full swing and I encourage you to make contact with the team at any time and to come along and meet with us at upcoming industry events,” said Mr Donaghy.
ICC Sydney Director of Business Development, Beverley Parker is meeting with delegates at Stand 2633 today alongside Business Events Sydney, the city’s business events bureau.
Find out more about the exciting waterfront venue located in the heart of Sydney and a thriving dining and leisure precinct by visiting iccsydney.com today.
ICC Sydney’s key features include:
• Convention facilities capable of hosting three fully separated, self-sufficient, concurrent events
• Total exhibition capacity of 35,000sqm, including 2,500sqm of flexible space
• An open air event deck of 5,000sqm, including a bar and lounge featuring spectacular city views
• A premier red carpet theatre with a capacity of 8,000 suitable for international entertainment acts and major convention plenary sessions
• A grand ballroom to provide Sydney’s premium banqueting space for more than 2,000 people which, at almost double the previous capacity, will become Australia’s largest ballroom
• 40+ meeting rooms that link to both the convention and exhibition areas
• World’s best practice technology throughout, including wireless connectivity across ICC Sydney
• Prime waterfront location on Darling Harbour in an activated dining and leisure precinct
• A renewed and upgraded public domain, which will include an outdoor event space for up to 27,000 people and improved pedestrian access from Chinatown, Central Station, Ultimo, Pyrmont and the city centre
• Adjacent luxury headquarters hotel with 600+ rooms.