One of the largest conferences to be held in Adelaide ‘Land Forces 16’ has been hailed an overwhelming success with the host city receiving accolades from organisers and delegates alike that reinforce the messaging used by Team Adelaide to win the event from the outset despite fierce national competition.
Feedback from those surveyed of the total 13,451 attendees has been nothing short of glowing for the host city of the three day event held in September. It certainly put the spotlight on Adelaide within this key genre and opened the door to many opportunities for information sharing, partnerships and investment with local organisations and businesses.
Survey results showed (full infographic below):
- 90% of trade visitors found the ease of getting around and proximity of facilities to be excellent or above average
- 84% of trade visitors found Adelaide as a conference destination to be excellent or above average
- 78% of trade visitors found Adelaide as a destination to be excellent or above average
- 74% of trade visitors rated Adelaide’s cafes and restaurants excellent or above average
The event, as one of the most prestigious held in Adelaide certainly put the destination in the spotlight to the world’s Land Forces elite with some of the largest companies and highest ranked personnel in the world attending including;
- 34 international delegations from 18 nations at a senior military, industry and scientific level
- 40 government departments and agencies from Australia and abroad including 8 State Government ministers and 4 Federal Ministers
- 16 of the world’s armies represented by their Chief of Army or Senior Military Commander
In addition to the primary conference, a further 11 conferences, symposia and seminars held in conjunction with the event whilst the exposition side of the event showcased the latest technologies, products and services by 501 exhibitor companies from 23 countries.
“Adelaide did itself proud in the delivery and management of this significant event which was universally praised by organisers. We promised a convenient and accessible city capable of delivering an event of this magnitude. We promised the offering from our hotels, restaurants and cafes be to a standard expected by visitors of this calibre and we promised that Adelaide, as a conference destination for an event of this significance would exceed expectations – I’m proud to say we lived up to all our promises.”
“Most importantly now however, the legacies and opportunities it leaves for South Australia within the defence industry will remain significant for many years. The Adelaide Convention Bureau and Team Adelaide partners was honoured to have worked with Land Forces to bring the event to our city.” Adelaide Convention Bureau CEO Damien Kitto
“The highly impressive roll call of participating exhibitor companies and attendees made Land Forces 2016 an extremely significant forum for all involved in land defence technology.
“In terms of quality participation and visitation, the event continues to set the standard for all land defence exhibitions in the Asia Indo-Pacific region.” Land Forces CEO Ian Honnery