Salary $58,000 – $68,000 (incl super)
The Exhibition and Events Association of Australasia (EEAA) is looking to appoint a good all-rounder to its Marketing Communications and Event role.
This position is part of a small “can do” team located in Chatswood, Sydney and is responsible for delivering a year-round program of member events and marketing communications programs in the peak body which represents organisers, venues and suppliers to Australasia’s exhibition and events industry.
The position reports to the CEO and would be ideally suited to an excellent marcoms professional and event organiser with proven experience working in business events, an industry association or public affairs/communications agency.
So if you’d like to be part of the team that promotes the “Power of Exhibitions” as a marketing channel and services the members of the association, we’d like to hear from you.
Essential Experience – your work history:
3 – 5 years in marketing communications and events
Planning and delivering conferences, gala dinners and corporate events
Writing copy for publication across print and online channels
Providing administrative support
Client servicing or stakeholder relations
Essential – your skills and qualifications:
Excellent English language written, oral and face-to-face communication skills
Degree or equivalent in Marketing Communications, Events or Commerce/Business
Highly organised with interest in getting the detail right
An interest in news and current affairs
Capacity to work independently, have initiative and also contribute to team goals
A personality that exudes warmth and helpfulness
Applications Close: Friday 19 July 2013
Please send one page cover letter and maximum 3 page supporting statement which addresses the competencies in the Position Description.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS AND EVENT CO-ORDINATOR
COMPETENCIES: QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS / PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Event Management or Business/Commerce and three to five years workplace experience in Australia in a corporate, association or government environment.
- Proven experience in delivering events and in producing event plans and budgets.
- Proven experience writing content for a range of applications including e-news, websites, invitations, general correspondence and reports.
- Knowledge of design and production process for marketing collateral and online channels with some competency in basic design and layout and good understanding or capacity to learn about uploading content to websites and on-line channels.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal skills – with high level English language skills. Capacity to accurately take Minutes at Board and other meetings. Attention to detail in all aspects of event-related work and communication.
- High-level skills and experience in Microsoft Office, principally Word and PowerPoint Medium- level skills in Excel.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite would be desirable – Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experience working with email marketing software such as Prodocom, Mailchimp or similar applications would be highly regarded.
- Client and stakeholder service -focus – you must enjoy reaching out to members and stakeholders and servicing their needs.
- Self-starter and capacity to deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
- A proactive and flexible approach to work with positive outlook and willingness to both contribute ideas and also learn from others.
- Ability to work autonomously, use initiative to find solutions, priorities and exercise discretion.
- Availability to work extended hours during events and/or travel to meet requirements. This is about 6 times per year.
- Australian Citizen/Resident or able to meet citizenship/residency eligibility.
For further information contact:
Chief Executive, EEAA 02 9413 9520