During a jam packed AGM and Roadshow at the Pan Pacific Perth on 1st November 2012 MEA elected a new Board of Directors.
- Simon Baggs AFMEA, Chair of the Board, Lateral Event Management
- Anne Jamieson, Vice Chair, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Phil Holmes AMM, Treasurer, MCI Australia
- Dianna Crebbin AMM, Board Director, DC Conferences
- Susan Ryman-Kiernan AFMEA, Board Director, Wise Connections
New Board Chair Simon Baggs AFMEA paid tribute to retiring Chair Rhona Walker AFMEA saying that ‘she is one of the industries most colourful and popular figures who has led MEA through extraordinary change over the last four years. Rhona leaves MEA is a very strong position with healthy membership, solid finances, a bright future as a Registered Training Organisation and dynamic plans for the future.’
‘At tough times like these, organisations working in the meetings & events industry need support from their association more than ever before’. ‘MEA is in great shape to support its members, provide a voice for the industry and be a catalyst for positive change’.