The finalists for the accommodation hotel industry’s premiere awards event – the 2013 Tourism Accommodation Australia (NSW) Awards for Excellence – have been announced.
The finalists represent excellence in accommodation product and service across Sydney and NSW with a range of highly regarded and aspirational brands strongly represented.
The Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney and the Sydney Harbour Marriott lead the nomination tally with a record 14 nominations each from the field of 38 finalists.
The Hilton Sydney is close behind on 11 nominations (the Hilton won six categories last year), while the Intercontinental Sydney and the Radisson Blu Hotel, Sydney round out the top five.
The TAA (NSW) Awards for Excellence winners will be announced at a special ceremony at The Westin, Sydney with NSW Premier Barry O’Farrell as the special guest on 24 July 2013.
TAA (NSW) chairman Nigel Greenaway said NSW accommodation hotels were world-class and this was reflected in the quality of this year’s nominations.
“The best hotels in Sydney – and indeed across NSW – have been nominated across three categories including ‘property’, ‘achievement’ and (perhaps most importantly) the hard-fought ‘people’ award categories,” he said.
“Our hotels and their staff work hard to make sure they offer an unparalleled product and service and we can see that reflected in the quality of the nominations in all categories.
“I wish the finalists all the best on what will be a night to remember for the tourism and hospitality industry.”
The top finalists are:
- Shangri-La Hotel Sydney – 14 nominations
- Sydney Harbour Marriott – 14 nominations
- Hilton Sydney – 11 nominations
- InterContinental Sydney – 10 nominations
- Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney – 9 nominations
- Fairmont Resort – 8 nominations
- The Langham Sydney – 7 nominations
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley – 7 nominations
- Park Hyatt Sydney – 6 nominations
- MERCURE SYDNEY – 6 nominations
- Holiday Inn Sydney Airport – 6 nominations