POSITION VACANT – ACCOUNT/PROJECT MANAGER, AUDIO VISUAL TECHNICAL SERVICES (2 Positions available)
Microhire is a leading audio visual, event and staging company with offices in Brisbane/Gold Coast, Melbourne and Sydney.
This position will be based at Bowen Hills within the newly developed Royal International Convention Centre, stage 1 of the $2.4b redevelopment of the RNA Showgrounds site in Bowen Hills, opens in March next year.
The centre features 8 meeting rooms and a multiuse event /exhibition/meeting space configurable up to 2,200 people for a dinner, banquet and gala function. The venue features Australia’s only fully operable grid truss system in an event venue and opens in late February.
The role would see the successful applicant:
• Targeting the full range of Corporate, conferencing, events, weddings and exhibitions markets
• Managing the clients production needs and existing client base
• Building strong relationships with new and existing clients
• Meeting face to face regularly with business partners and clients
• Providing a diverse range of Audio Visual, IT and styling solutions
• Deal with a variety of decision makers (from CEO’s, Event Managers, PCO’s and PA’s)
• Consistently achieve set targets and budgets
To be considered for this position you must:
• Come from within the Audio Visual industry
• Have dealt with the corporate, conference or staging industry production and clients
• Demonstrate a proven track record of at least 5 years account management experience
• Maintain a high level of personal presentation within the workplace
• Have effective and efficient time management skills
• Be able to deal face to face with clients on a regular basis
• Be able to build and maintain strong professional relationships
• Be a highly motivated and solution orientated professional
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft office and Computer Aided Design (CAD)
• Trained in Rental Point (RP) and EBMS Venue Management software systems
This role will be challenging, demanding and thoroughly rewarding for the right candidate.
It will require someone with excellent influencing skills who is also resilient and resourceful.
This person will also need to be committed and motivated by the challenging and rewarding environment and have the capacity and flexibility to work across a seven day a week roster.
This role will commence in mid to late January 2013
An attractive remuneration package is available for the right candidate.
Please forward application via email
Applications close Friday 21 December 2012