Full-Time & Casual Positions Available
Microhire is a leading audio visual, event and staging company with offices in Brisbane/Gold Coast, Melbourne and Sydney. This position will be based at Bowen Hills within the newly developed Royal International Convention Centre, stage 1 of the $2.4b redevelopment of the RNA Showground’s site in Bowen Hills, opens in March next year.
The Centre features 8 meeting rooms and a multiuse event /exhibition/meeting space configurable up to 2,200 people for a dinner, banquet and gala function
We are seeking, full time and casual senior technical within the lighting, sound and vision disciplines.
As a senior lighting, sound and vision technician you will be a natural team leader and driven by success.
The successful candidates will accept the responsibility of producing highly creative and technically challenging events, implementing state of the art audio visual, lighting and sound equipment and communicating effectively with all stakeholders across a wide range of events, including conferences, concerts, dinners, banquets and gala functions.
- Possess skills and experience across live event audiovisual systems, including projection, multi-input vision and data switching, event lighting and live audio production.
- At least 5 years’ experience in organizing, managing and executing high profile corporate and public events
- Excellent communication, grooming and personal presentation.
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Strong sales and customer service skills
- Computer literate (MS Office).
PREFERRED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- Electrical qualifications
- Fork lift, EWP/Boom licenses
- Rigging and Construction Industry induction
- Diploma in AV technology, event co-ordination or similar would be highly regarded.
Successful candidates will need to be committed and motivated by the challenging and rewarding environment and have the capacity and flexibility to work across a seven day a week roster. These rolls will also require a “sleeves up – hands on” approach to expertly deliver on site set up, operation and pack down delivery of all lighting, sound and vision production elements in a professional manner, on time, every time whilst exceeding clients expectations.
- An attractive remuneration package is available for the right full time senior technicians and above award rates for successful casual senior technicians.
- Uniforms will be provided.
- Roles will Commence January to March 2013.
Please forward application via email
Please advise in the application if you are applying for a Full-Time or Casual Position
Applications close Friday 11 January 2013