TECHNICAL SERVICES MANAGER – Microhire
for Royal International Convention Centre, Brisbane (RICC)
The Royal International Convention Centre, stage 1 of the $2.4b redevelopment of the RNA Showgrounds site in Bowen Hills, opens in March next year. The centre features 8 meeting rooms and a multiuse event /exhibition/meeting space configurable up to 2,200 people for a dinner.
Microhire is a leading audio-visual event staging company with offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane/Gold Coast. Microhire has been appointed to be the onsite supplier of Audio Visual Staging, Design and Technical elements within the centre.
This role requires you to manage a team from start-up, sell and manage the delivery of technical services for events. Managing this business unit you can take pride in the work you deliver in this venue; know how to get the most out of the venue features. You will enjoy exceeding clients’ expectations at every turn.
You will have solid 5 years’ experience in the audio visual hire / rental industry, having won business and managed accounts within the event, live venue and hospitality markets. You will possess a working knowledge of current AV technology and a track record of successful hire sales. You will be committed, driven and able to work as part of an expanded team.
You need to be an enthusiastic fast learner to fulfill this challenging position. A high level of customer service, a great work ethic, ability to manage a team of technicians, willingness to learn and a creative mind will ensure success within our company.
- This role requires strong interpersonal and sales skills and a can-do attitude
- A strong customer focus is a must
- Time management & attention to detail
- Client liaison and relationship building
- An understanding of CAD design and use
- Achieving outcomes within specified budgets
- Ability to work seamlessly with management and staff at RICC
- Impeccable personal grooming
In return Microhire offers you:
- Career growth
- To be part of a team of professionals and where your efforts are valued
- To work with high end equipment and resources
- To be recognised for your capability and rewarded for your contribution
- A solid base salary, plus commissions and incentives that make this position attractive for the right candidate
Apply Now in writing via email to:
Russell Bennett, General Manager, Microhire Queensland – Email