The new Royal International Convention Centre (RICC), Brisbane, Queensland to open in March 2013 has announced the appointment of Audio Visual Staging Company, Microhire as the integrated supplier of audio visual, technical staging and styling for the convention centre, located within the RNA Showground site on the CBD fringe.
Microhire, the corporate and business event staging specialists, with over 23 years of experience in audio visual, event staging & computer hire is excited by the appointment in what is the largest venue AV Partnership in Australia. The Partnership was won following a selection criteria submission, formal presentation and panel selection lasting six months; such was the importance the RICC places on a seamless service to their clients.
In awarding the contract Sujoy Dey, General Manager – Operations for the RNA stated, “Microhire proved that they were flexible, and willing to go a long way to win the business and impress the selection panel. They showed the efforts they would go to in servicing clients of RICC”
The new Royal International Convention Centre will be the 2nd largest venue in Brisbane and in conjunction with the broad range of other venues on the showground site provide Queensland’s most dynamic suite of venues, when it comes to the needs of various clients. The venue is uniquely positioned minutes from Brisbane CBD and sits on the Bowen Hills Interchange linking:
• Clem 7 under river Tunnel to the South East freeway onto the Gold Coast
• Inner City Bi-pass which runs under the showgrounds and will link to the South Brisbane area in 4 minutes and join the Legacy Way tunnel currently under construction to the western suburbs in 10 minutes
• The newly opened M7 Airport link which has you stepping out of the airport and into the RICC in just 15 minutes
The RICC is the first stage of a $2.9billion dollar redevelopment of the site that will see the site become the newest commercial, entertainment & event hub in Queensland. Some of the features of the RICC include:
• Two halls of 850m2 / 600pax banquet can combine with the third hall 1323sqm/2, 850pax to give a total event space of 3,213sqm and a banquet space for 2,220 pax with a massive 9m ceiling each hall features an Australian first permanently installed operable truss grid system throughout the main event/exhibition halls that can be remotely lowered to ground level in individual 9m x 9m grids or the entire system at once, each section is rated to 2.4t loading rating, greatly reducing production setup times and labour costs;
• Consists of 7 Meeting/Breakout rooms that can be combined up to 3 in a row allowing a flexible space for 238 theatre style.
• A ground floor multipurpose Exhibition/Carpark space of 4,495sqm for 152 exhibition booths;
• The Ekka Plaza area of 1800 sqm/pax for cocktail functions, exhibitions, etc;
Microhire has committed to a large investment in the installation of the complete audio visual needs to be installed in the venue including, vision, screens, lighting, audio all included in a touch panel interoperable system.
Microhire QLD – General Manager, Russell Bennett announced “Microhire is thrilled that Sujoy and the RNA Board have put their trust in Microhire and we will be keen to ensure the RICC’s success through a sizable investment additions like, a Speakers Prep room with the latest mhESP – Electronic Speaker Preparation system, remote breakout room monitoring, permanent Webcasting capability and other technical offerings expected in a world-class venue”
Microhire’s onsite team will initially start at 6 and grow with the needs of the RICC and the overall showground site.