Business Events Sydney (BESydney) has secured the Pro-Health China Annual Conference 2014, another mega incentive from China that will attract 4,500 delegates and deliver and an estimated economic impact (EI) to New South Wales (NSW) of $22.5 million.
This win, a 5-day mega event, is in addition to a steady flow of 10 Asian corporate business events that the bureau has secured since the start of this financial year. It also follows the hugely successful Perfect China Leadership Seminar 2013, which was worth close to $21 million and welcomed more than 3,000 delegates to the harbour city in July.
BESydney CEO Lyn Lewis-Smith said that the growth in the number of incentive events secured for Sydney over recent years is a result of the state’s targeted strategies to attract business from this important market.
“Over the past decade, we have developed strong relationships in Asia. This has played an important part in the success that Sydney is now enjoying in the region,” Ms Lewis-Smith highlighted.
“We know that Asia is a relationship-driven market and the long-term strategies we’ve invested in, including being the first Australian bureau to establish an in-market presence in Asia (2004), have enabled us to build networks and trust, and convert business for Sydney. We now have representatives in Singapore, China and India (in partnership with Destination NSW), along with Mandarin-speaking staff across key departments in our Sydney office. Together, these strategies are paying dividends!”
Ms Lewis-Smith added that Sydney’s success could also be attributed to its ability to deliver real returns for companies that chose to reward their high achievers with a trip to the harbour city.
“Incentives create a performance culture within companies, motivating staff to achieve results for a chance to be rewarded with an overseas trip. Sydney is an aspirational destination and it certainly inspires teams to achieve!
“Perfect China reports that it saw a 20% increase in sales following the company’s announcement that the 2013 incentive would be held in Sydney.”Pro-Health China President, Mr Jason Li said that he looked forward to working with BESydney over the next year to ensure his high-achievers enjoyed a rewarding and authentic Australian experience in Sydney.
“Sydney is a dynamic city with many attractions that will give our distributors quite a unique travel experience. This is not only an incentive trip, but also a heart-to-heart interaction between Pro-Health and Sydney. Our delegates will be eager to learn the attractions, culture, and everything there is to experience in this metropolitan city,” said Mr Li
“With help from Business Event Sydney, we are confident that the government and city will render tremendous support to our group to ensure our distributors return home with unforgettable memories of Sydney in 2014!”
Last financial year, BESydney secured 33 Asian corporate incentive events worth an estimated $57 million in EI. This represents over 50% of revenue secured by BESydney during 2012/13. There is no doubt that Asia continues to become an increasingly important market for Sydney.
In the first half of the current financial year, the bureau has secured 10 Asian incentive events. Six of these events have already taken place, reflecting the short-lead nature of the Asian incentive market.
- ACE Life Indonesian Incentive: 29–31 July 2013, with 73 delegates and an estimated EI of $219,000
- Estee Lauder China Incentive: 23–26 August 2013, with 152 delegates and an estimated EI of $606,000
- Bajaj Electrical Incentive India: 4–7 September 2013, with 174 delegates and an estimated EI of $695,000
- Great Eastern Singapore Bank Asurance Incentive: 27–30 September 2013, with 130 delegates and an estimated EI of $519,00
- MCIS Zurich Insurance Malaysia: 19–23 September 2013, with 152 delegates and an estimated EI of $758,000
- Samsung Indonesia Incentive : 18–20 November 2013, with 335 delegates and an estimated EI of $1 million
- BCA Finance Indonesia Reward Trip: 11–14 January 2014, with 220 delegates and an estimated EI of $878,240
- For You China 2014 Incentive: 22–23 January 2014, with 470 delegates and an estimate EI of $1 million
- Confidential incentive from China: 15–19 March 2014, with 210 delegates and an estimated EI of $838,320
- Joymain China Top Distributor Incentive Trip 2015: 3–8 March 2015, with 700 delegates and estimated EI of $2.8 million