The Star Sydney has been announced as a finalist an outstanding 15 times in the Tourism Accommodation Australia (TAA) NSW Awards for Excellence 2015.
Greg Hawkins, Managing Director of The Star said it’s the combination of the team’s dedication, combined with the flexible offering of Sydney’s only integrated resort, which has solidified The Star as a superior tourist destination.
“With tourism becoming ever more vital to the state’s economy, we are proud to have a complete offering at The Star with three towers of five star accommodation, over 20 restaurants and bars, a day spa, retail collection, international nightclub and our world-class casino.
“The team have worked hard to establish and maintain The Star as a pinnacle tourist destination, and with our five star dining and accommodation on site, the precinct has become renowned for its quality and luxurious variety. We are continually adding to the property, ensuring The Star’s position as Sydney’s premier events and entertainment destination,” said Mr Hawkins.
The Star was recognised as a finalist for:
- Best Environment Practices Metropolitan Hotels – The Star
- Function Venue of the Year – The Star Event Centre
- Food and Beverage Employee of the Year – Scott Bayne, Director, Banquets
- Housekeeper of the Year – Mila Szumska, Housekeeping Manager
- Chef of the Year – Chase Kojima, Executive Chef at Sokyo and Gabrielle Taddeucci, Head Chef at Balla
- Health Club & Spa Facilities of the Year – The Darling Spa
- Metro Restaurant of the Year (Deluxe Hotels) – Balla, BLACK by ezard, Momofuku Seiobo and Sokyo
- Bar of the Year Metropolitan Hotels – BLACK by ezard, Momofuku Seiobo Bar and Sokyo Bar
- Sydney Deluxe Hotel of the Year – The Darling
All finalists of the TAA NSW Awards for Excellence will vie for top honours at the gala awards to be held at The Westin, Sydney on Wednesday 29 July 2015.