The Star is thrilled to be a winner in four categories at this year’s prestigious 2015 Tourism Accommodation Australia (TAA) NSW Awards for Excellence, held Wednesday evening, 29 July.
For the second year running The Star has won Chef of the Year, with Chase Kojima, Executive Chef at Sokyo taking out this honour and Housekeeping Manager, Mila Szumska winning Housekeeper of the Year. Director of Banquets, Scott Bayne won Food and Beverage Employee of the Year and BLACK Bar at The Star’s signature dining restaurant, BLACK by ezard took out the title of Bar of the Year.
Greg Hawkins, Managing Director of The Star said their commitment to ensuring the highest standards of hospitality across the property’s accommodation, dining and entertainment offering is demonstrated in these award wins.
“The Star is proud to deliver the highest standards in tourism; it is an honour for our team members and facilities to be recognised by Tourism Accommodation Australia in this way.
“We encourage leadership across all areas of the property and are delighted that three of our best talents have been recognised for their leadership qualities, dedication to their profession and inspiring personalities. They are a credit to the whole property,” said Mr Hawkins.
The Star was also recognised as a finalist in 11 other categories at the TAA NSW Awards, including:
- Bar of the Year Metropolitan Hotels – Momofuku Seiobo and Sokyo
- Best Environmental Practices Metropolitan Hotels – The Star
- Chef of the Year – Gabriele Taddeucci, Balla
- Function Venue of the Year – The Star Event Centre
- Health Club & Facilities of the Year – The Darling Spa
- Metropolitan Restaurant of the Year (Deluxe Hotels) – Balla, BLACK by ezard, Momofuku Seiobo and Sokyo
- Sydney Deluxe Hotel of the Year – The Darling
The TAA NSW Awards for Excellence are awarded annually to recognise the achievements and high quality of the accommodation sector.