We are looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our growing team and expanding group of venues.
This is honestly such a cool job and one that doesn’t come up very often!
We are looking for an experienced BDM, someone who has demonstrated results in sales and revenue generation and conversion within the event or hotel industry, has experience leading and managing a sales team to meet targets, and has an existing network within the Melbourne MICE and hospitality industry.
In short, the Business Development Manager will be:
- Developing and implementing a Group Sales strategy, action plans and targets
- Leading and developing a function sales team to source new business opportunities
- Effectively managing potential clients to convert opportunities into sales/bookings
- Promoting our venues and function and event spaces
- Identifying, building and developing relationships with key organisations and key decision makers
- Working with the Group Marketing Manager to conduct in-depth market analysis
- Partnering with the Group Marketing Manager, creating memorable and profitable Sand Hill Road events with a continual focus on growing the Sand Hill Road brand
- Managing the functions and sales coordinators to achieve set KPI conversion and sales rates
- Delivering exceptional customer service
- Achieving monthly sales revenue and business development targets
- Developing and preparing monthly and annual reports
- Working a Monday-Friday week in a flexible and dynamic environment that trades 7 days a week
You will be working with a young, growing and innovative hospitality company based here in Melbourne. We already successfully operate 6 venues in Richmond and Prahran and are opening our newest venue, The Garden State Hotel, set in the cosmopolitan heart of Flinders Lane, in July this year.
If you are interested and are a superstar sales gun with previous experience in a similar role, have a strong understanding of yield management principles and a professional, friendly, customer focused attitude with the drive to exceed guest expectation, then send through your CV to [email protected] and introduce yourself!
We can’t wait to meet you!