ExpoNet and Sydney Showground have partnered on a project to revitalise and refurbish the Sydney Showground Lounge cafe. ‘The Lounge’ café, a prominent hub at the Showground has been overhauled to bring the area up to date with the latest in restaurant interior design.
With a broad brief from Sydney Showground to design a new concept for their café area, ExpoNet relished the opportunity to extend its growing reputation for delivering high quality non-exhibition projects.
The ExpoNet design team produced an on trend concept and render that blew Sydney Showground management away.
With a focus on providing a modern twist on a vintage and rustic Parisian interior design feel, the key elements featured:
- Custom made rustic, recycled walnut timber café and coffee table tops with vintage metal features.
- Iconic, industrial, Parisian style café dining chairs.
- Custom made signage adhered to the entry glass doors designed to marry in with the overall theme.
- An abundance of industrial metal lighting hung over the central area of the Café.
- Chalkboard wall display.
- Planter boxes behind the counter to add a natural and fresh element.
- A mixture of lounge and café style seating.
- The introduction of timber outdoor seating to capitalise on the views and utilise the space to its full potential.
- Intricate rope feature hung from the ceiling.
One of the main aims of the design was to provide an ambient, welcoming environment for patrons but also modernise and energise the space. Functionality was a key aspect of the brief and design. Particular attention was paid to ensure any challenges were resolved in the update including the use of some existing café equipment, cable management and maximising the natural light available in the space.
From all accounts, The Lounge has been very well received and the Sydney Showground team has reported an increase in their patronage and sales proving the refurbishment provided a strong return on investment for Management. Peter Thorpe, Sydney Showground General Manager, is extremely pleased with the outcome,
‘In line with the ongoing upgrade and development of Sydney Showground we commissioned ExpoNet to provide some concepts to modernise The Lounge café. As The Lounge sits directly at Sydney Showground’s front door it was extremely important that we got it right. We couldn’t have been more excited and satisfied with the end result. ExpoNet has created a custom designed and built café which is fresh, beautifully appointed and with an inviting rustic feel. Make sure you come along and experience it for yourself. Sydney Showground has a long standing partnership with ExpoNet who continue to be the official stand contractor for the Sydney Royal Easter Show. The redevelopment of the Sydney Showground site continues with the next milestone being the completion of the new building next week and its official launch in early April.’