• Senior Communications Role
• Full-time; 2-year contract inclusive of leave entitlements
• Melbourne CBD Location
The Association of Australian Convention Bureaux Inc (AACB) brings together 15 city and regional bureaux dedicated to marketing their specific region as premier business events destinations to intrastate, interstate and international markets. The bureaux also recognise their collective responsibility to promote Australia as a whole.
AACB leads the business events industry by identifying and addressing issues and opportunities for industry recognition and growth.
A recent shift in strategic focus has opened up an exciting opportunity to help raise the profile of the business events sector and influence positive policy and funding decisions of governments and their agencies. The role is complemented and supported by the association’s full-time Executive Director.
Key role responsibilities include:
• Develop consistent messaging defining the business events sector
• Further develop AACB’s reputation as the authority on business events
• Advocate to target audience.
Presenting with relevant tertiary qualifications and experience in PR/Communications, the successful candidate will have:
• An understanding of the business events industry of Australia
• Demonstrates expertise in industry and mainstream media relations
• Proven understanding of lobbying and advocacy strategies
• High level written and verbal communication skills
• Stakeholder management skills.
If you are looking for an exciting new role with a leading industry association, then please apply with full CV and particulars of relevant qualifications and experience to:
ANDREW HIEBL AFMEA
Association of Australian Convention Bureaux Inc
PO Box 91, Collins Street West, VIC 8007
D: +61 3 9078 8198
M: +61 408 367 338
Applications close Friday, 31 January 2014.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.